Destinations: What’s Your Story? Why Destination Management MattersSeptember 28, 2022
Crosscurrent delivered this 60-minute virtual training to community-based teams participating in the Appalachian Gateway Communities 2022 Regional Training Program, September 28, 2022.
Client: The Conservation Fund
Join Crosscurrent to better understand the power of a destination’s compelling story, and start uncovering your story. Take a deep dive into the definitions and trends involved in destination development – which is a tool for more powerfully bringing your story to the surface when visitors experience your destination. Learn global and national best practices in destination development and management, to jump-start your own destination’s path forward.
Training’s learning objectives
- Develop knowledge of why it’s important to understand your own unique story – and the benefits that can bring
- Achieve a clear sense of your own story
- Recognize why it’s important to understand visitor trends, and increase your understanding of selected trends that are relevant and current
- Understand what destination development and management is
- Receive inspiration for best practices you can apply
Appalachian Gateway Communities 2022 Regional Training Program – About
Through this program, community-based teams from gateways to public lands located in the counties served by the Appalachian Regional Commission will gain skills and knowledge to:
- Leverage natural and cultural resources
- Revitalize downtowns
- Promote arts and culture opportunities
- Build cultural heritage and natural resource tourism
- Create lasting economic opportunity
Learn more about The Conservation Fund’s Appalachian Gateway Communities Initiative.