Defining a Distinctive Future for the South Coast of Oregon
- January – May, 2022
- Curry County Economic Development / Travel Curry Coast
Architect a powerful roadmap to put new county-wide transient lodging tax to work in a way that creates a distinctive tourism future for Curry County, the heart of Oregon’s South Coast.
Our team first worked with County leadership to create a project team comprised of key organizations from the regional tourism ecosystem. We then designed a series of impactful community workshops that helped stakeholders across a diverse set of local businesses and organizations define common goals centered on establishing the South Coast as a welcoming, world-class tourism destination.
We worked alongside community members to help define a set of core values, establish a long-term vision, identify strategic areas for immediate focus, and form action groups to begin making progress toward long-term goals.
Our program equipped Curry County staff with a solid roadmap to achieve goals in alignment with its new 15-year Vision for Tourism Success. The county came away with a newly formed group of invested leaders and a plan of action for destination stewardship and management.
- Conducted a regional stakeholder survey and Visitor Opportunity Study
- Designed three custom community workshops to develop strategies in alignment with community and vision
- Helped leaders identify community values and strategic focus areas
- Created 15-Year Community Tourism Vision narrative with input from nearly 100 community and business leaders
- Produced a Destination Management Strategy and supported the formation of a Destination Leadership Team to support implementation
Crosscurrent makes the complex simple.
01Set Up a Discovery SessionContact us to schedule a free 30-minute discovery session.
02Create a Road MapTogether we’ll sketch a road map to get a feel for the investment required.
03Get to WorkOnce the road map is clear and the details agreed on, we’ll get right to work!